A few weeks back I was lucky enough to Win a 6month subscription to Rubybox I was of course doing *the jig* never mind the *happy dance*.

My adventure started off with a wobbly start and my first Rubybox being late and no additional samples
(especially as it was my birthday ..sniff ..sniff) but I soon got over it and eagerly awaited my second box.

This box arrived swiftly and to my glee it was the correct box, I had opted for a Special Edition Elizabeth Arden Box ...yay!

So here is all about my box....

So in my box I received trial sizes of
Prevage Anti-Aging Moisture Cream, SPF30 P++ ,
Prevage Anti-aging + Intensive Repair Daily Serum,
Prevage Anti-Aging Eye Cream SPF15 PA++,
Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Lash Enhancing Mascara in Black 
Elizabeth Arden Untold EDT x 2 samples

Here are my thoughts ....

Prevage Anti-Aging Moisture Cream, SPF30 P++  
(R985.00/50ml)

The cream itself is quite yellow in colour and has that typical sunscreen smell along with a definite fragrance that seems to go across the range.

The application is pleasant and smooth , not overly oily but moist enough to hydrate the skin.

Did I enjoy this product? Yes, not ecstatic but yes.

Would I purchase? I would consider an option for Summer when I wear a strong SPF.



Prevage Anti-aging + Intensive Repair Daily Serum
(R1485.00/30ml)

The serum is a pearlescent Peachy colour is a medium consistency , smell great and spread well.

The application left my skin soft and hydrated and the fragrance of this was lovely.

Did I enjoy the product? Yes but not as much as I thought I would.

Would I repurchase? It would've been an option but alas it is not in my price range.



 Prevage Anti-Aging Eye Cream SPF15 PA++
(R845.00/15ml)

The eye cream again is a peachy hue in colour and has a pleasant smell, I was surprised at the thick consistency and struggled to get the product from the tiny jar to adhere to my finger.

My eye's loved this product , no tears , no stinging it's fabulous and I am super impressed that it has it's own SPF15.

Did I enjoy the product? Yes very much

Would I repurchase? Yes, but again it is not in my price range.



Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Lash Enhancing Mascara in Black
(R195.95) 

I must be honest and tell you I really did not enjoy the application of this mascara the first time. However I also have to say I was blown away by the staying power of this mascara.

It does not give volume to lashes if that is what you are looking for but does coat the lashes well and give them length.

Did I enjoy the product? In the end yes I did.

Would I purchase? After seeing the great price and staying power. Yes I would.


Elizabeth Arden Untold EDT
(R640.00/50ml) 


What can I say , from beginning to end I have been owed by this fragrance. I even managed to smell the hints of peppercorn before I knew they were in it.

It is fruity , fresh and lingering with a fabulous hint of summer florals. Notes of Pink Peppercorns ,Pear, Gardenia and Jasmine with a lingering of Musk and Patchouli

For those that love YSL'S Baby Doll .. you have to try this one , it will be a favourite for sure.

Would I buy this? In a heartbeat!
IT IS ON MY CHRISTMAS WISHLIST FOR SURE!!


So there you have it folks , I hope this helped somewhat and gave you an insight into the fun a Ruby Box can be. The above opinions are however based on trial sizes which do not last more than a week.