I recently got to chatting with another Beauty Blogger (completely by accident) the funny thing is I have been following Chantelle's blog on Twitter for about 4 months now.

I just could pass up the opportunity to ask Chantelle from 'Not Another Poppie' if she would do a little Q & A for me.

I was over the moon when Chantelle said yes, and so without further ado here it is ...

How did you first get into blogging?

I started writing beauty stories for a website, and the editor (a good friend) encouraged me to start a blog for those opinions that weren’t appropriate for formal articles.

What type of blogger do you consider yourself to be (beauty, lifestyle etc.) And why?

I’m definitely a beauty blogger. I come from the beauty industry, I love it, and I’m not sure if I’ll ever be able to leave it. I’ve recently thought of adding other elements, but I haven’t quite decided yet. I believe that you shouldn’t try to be everything to everybody, and I try to stick with areas I have knowledge in.

What have been your goals and expectations for blogging?

I started without any goals at all, I was just happy to air my opinions. Now I see it a little differently – I like seeing growth, however small. As long as there’s growth I feel a sense of pride, and this helps me to maintain a certain standard.

What have been your highlights in blogging?

Reaching personal goals – I’d like to think it’s not about the stats, but every blogger remembers the first time they hit a certain number they never thought they’d reach (and then only telling your boyfriend because you don’t want to sound like an a-hole).

I’m very privileged – I get to meet amazing people, attend incredible events and test amazing products. One highlight that comes to mind now was one of the earlier events I attended – it was the relaunch of Elizabeth Arden’s Red Door fragrance at the Fugard Theater in Cape Town. It was done in the style of a Broadway production, and it was amazing!

What have been your frustrations with blogging?

Not many, I’m pretty happy. If I have to dig, growth is never as fast as I want it to be – but I am notoriously impatient with these things.

If you could post a dream post/interview who would it be with?

If we can get a very good psychic, it would be an interview with Mademoiselle Chanel.

If you could only keep one of these which would it be? Cellphone, Computer or Ipad

Please don’t make me choose. I need all of them *hand on heart*

How has social media changed and impacted your daily life?

Wow. So, so much. I’m online a lot, and my actual job also involves social media – it has become second nature to check Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest in succession every couple of hours.

I’ve struck a balance though; I’m not a complete social media monster. During downtime with friends I put my devices away and I’m happy to forget about them on weekends. I also recently switched off mobile notifications for my social media accounts. Everything in the world will carry on just fine if I reply to a Twitter question 4 hours later instead of immediately.

If you could share one message with the world what would it be?

It’s ok to dream.

And you really, really should wear sunscreen every single day. Your day cream and foundation doesn’t count, it should be a separate SPF30-50.


 


Thank you so much Chantelle for your time and this great insight into you and what you've discovered through blogging. You're an inspiration.
x H