I remember working overseas and for one of my birthdays and I was gifted the most fabulous book called 'Chicken Soup for the Soul'.

This book is a heartwarming compendium of gut wrenching , sweet and tearful stories shared by various contributors. Stories to inspire and encourage the reader and tug at the heart strings.
It worked for me then, and I still read the stories when I am sick or feeling down.... so I thought I would share( and now there are loads of other publications aimed at specific audiences such as Chicken Soup For the Soul for Teenagers,Chicken Soup For the Soul for Golfers etc.)


Anyway , whilst snuggled in my bed feeling rather miserable I remembered the age old ' cure' for the flu being chicken soup.

This would be great if I had someone on hand to produce a fresh bowl of chicken soup, however my predicament of being sick , snotty , miserable and single meant I would have to heave myself out of bed and come up with some form of nourishment.

I groaned as I eased out of bed and dragged myself to the kitchen in my fluffy Ug boots, I found a tin of HEINZ Chicken Noodle Soup  and a baked potato from the night before....aaaah comfort food.

I suddenly was presented with the urge to make potato dumplings for in my soup .... yummy.

HERE IS MY QUICK FIX CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SICK in BODY!!
Ingredients:


- HEINZ - Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1/4 cup Self-Raising Flour
- 1/2 Knorrox Chicken Stock cube
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Large Baked Potato


 Method: 

Mash the potato in a bowl until fine in texture , add the flour and egg and mix together into a loose dough.


- Next put your saucepan/pot on the stove with about 4 cups boiling water , on full heat.
- Add the 1/2 block of chicken stock and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Once the liquid is boiling , drop tablespoon sized portions of the dough into the boiling stock, and allow to cook for approximately 3 - 5minutes turning every now and then.
- Using a strainer spoon, remove the dumplings from the liquid and set aside in a bowl.


HEAT YOUR CANNED HEINZ CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP, AND APPROXIMATELY 2 MINS BEFORE SERVING ADD YOUR DUMPLINGS (TO HEAT AND FLAVOUR THEM).



Serve as above , these are easy peasey light and fluffy potato dumplings.

X X X enjoy
** These are not sponsored products