I love love love quaint coffee shops and restaurants with buckets of atmosphere , vintage and chic interiors or just plain boho. To me it's all about the vibe and feeling,  like I'd rather set up camp for the day than run out the door never to return if you know what I mean.

Love Cake Cafe is in Cape Town , Burgundy Estate and located at Burgundy Square. It is small but quaint with it's vintage Kalahari look, the food is absolutely amazing ( I have never been disappointed in all my many visits). As the name suggests these people love cake and they have a great selection some of my personal favorites are the Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting and the Carrot Cake which is a decadent moist treat. 

Love Cake Cafe have a full breakfast and lunch menu including lighter options such as scones and cream.

This past weekend we had my gran who is going to be 90years soon with us, and we met up with my cousin and aunt to spend some time with them. I couldn't resist encouraging everyone to meet at Love Cake Cafe and boy was I glad , they had a fabulous new cake so let me describe it...

Picture this......
Vanilla Sponge , hugging a layer of tarte lemon curd and crushed meringue and topped with a smooth and creamy marscapone frosting.

It was as yummy as it sounds , we had such a fun outing and I really wanted to share this fabulous little gem , it is affordable ( our bill was only R250 for four of us having cake and coffee's) and child friendly with a fabulous Jungle Gym/Climber outside.