I love any occasion where I can invite my BFF's around, and this was no exception . I was recently given Gluhwein by Original Cocktails to review and a reason to invite some of the gals.



You see I could've quite easily just shared my review, but how much more fun is it sharing and seeing others faces and responses.... and what followed was a delight.

On two separate occasions I had friends over and we shared a glass or two of the Original Cocktails Gluhwein and here is the feedback...


The first occasion was with my friend Estie , it was cold wet (being winter this is not unusual ..lol) and I had made us some yummy ' Chicken Ala King' for dinner. I opened the bottle and stood it on the stove top whist I was cooking and waiting for Estie to arrive.

Resulting in a Gluhwein that was body temperature as opposed to hot , the fresh aroma's popped with the luscious undertones of the rich red wine and left a distinct after taste of clove.... this was delicious. We both agreed that this sweet decadence is a very easy drinking wine and could be really dangerous given how easy it is to drink... it is however a winner and a definite must have for winter.

I am not a big drinker but I do enjoy a glass now and then, and honestly I will definitely buy this product again  .Estie was so enamored she took a photo of the bottle to ensure she got the right bottle when next she purchases her refreshments.



















The second occasion I had another friend Louise join me for a fun nail art session (see my post to follow) and we decided to have a natter over a glass of Original cocktails Gluhwein.

Louise was also amazed at how delicious and easy to drink this cocktail is , I think that sometimes the expectation is that it will be sour and yet there is nothing sour about this drink. It is sweet , smooth and surprisingly light bodied with loads of aromatic warming spices such as Cinnamon and Clove.

With Louise I heated the wine in the microwave, as per the instructions {do not boil!!} and again we really enjoyed it. I must say that the spices were far more distinctive when served at body temperature. I personally enjoyed it more when I could differentiate the fabulous undertones.

We all enjoyed this drink and we would all buy it again. 

Next I would like to try the hot version with a slice of orange in it and see how the flavours pops. Spoil yourself this winter to some fabulous, hot and spicy Gluhwein.

ENTER MY COMPETITION AND YOU TOO COULD BE SIPPING THIS LIQUID DELIGHT!!