MY MINI BODY SHOP HAUL

Recently I decided to drop by The Body Shop on a visit to the Mall , I live in Cape Town and Canal Walk shopping center is my closest retail outlet , it is small and thus cannot offer the splendid displays of the other larger stores however the staff have always been very friendly and helpful.

I had no reason to go in store today other than the desire to mosey and see what I hadn't yet tried and needless to say I always find something to spend money on...




I have been eyeing out the line of hand creams at the body shop that come in foil tubes { I am a sucker for Crabtree & Evelyn} and so I thought I would give theirs a try. The hancreams come in two handy sizes a 100ml for R110.00 and the size I chose to try is a 30ml tube. There are 4 fragrance and treatment options as follows ABSINTHE {fresh/green smell but a rather heavily concentrated fragrance} , WILD ROSE{reminded me too much of old lady ...sorry}, HEMP and ALMOND.


ALMOND HAND & NAIL CREAM _- The Body Shop

After testing all four I settled on the Almond Hand & Nail Cream with Sweet Almond oil and fair trade Brazil Nut oil.

The cream is a translucent white in colour with a soft almond fragrance, lovely, unobtrusive and wouldn't clash with your perfume.

The texture is light and not as rich as i would have expected for sweet almond oil and brazil nut oils , I did however enjoy the application and my hands felt comfortable and not overly greasy.

I feel that this formulation is not enough for my winter hands , but it would be a great everyday handbag hand cream. I lurve the packaging and I personally think that it is fairly priced at R45.00 for the 30ml tube.

Yes I would buy this again, especially in summer.

I give it * * *



                     Top - Vitamin E Mask


                    Bottom - Almond Hand &

                                    Nail Cream











VITAMIN E SINK IN MOISTURE MASK (SACHET) - The Body Shop
Intense Moisture Replenishment
ALL SKIN TYPES


Presented in a cute pink Sachet, this mask claims to be a sink in mask and that it is , it rather reminded me both in smell and texture of the olden days 'Oil of Olay' creams {you know the pink and black jars}.

It is a light pink coloured gel/cream texture which is soft and smooth , which penetrates the skin quickly and that is exactly what my skin needs at this time of the year {winter}. I slept with this mask on overnight and my skin enjoyed it I had no break outs to speak of and my skin did feel hydrated the next morning.

The sachet is convenient especially for traveling, great to counteract the dehydration of aeroplane aircons , at R20.00 per sachet it is neither expensive nor budget friendly but somewhere in between.

I am not sure if I would buy this again purely because of the aroma , but I would recommend it as a booster and/or a mask for younger skins.


I give this product * * * 


For more info on The Body Shop in South Africa CLICK HERE